LOCAL businesses and business people were honoured this week (July 9) at the Radio Pembrokeshire Business Awards supported by the Port of Milford Haven.
The awards ceremony was held at the Torch Theatre, Milford Haven and hosted by The Call Centre’s Managing Director Nev Wilshire and Radio Pembrokeshire’s daytime presenter Jay Curtis.
Fifteen local businesses came away with awards, including Fenton Vets who scooped the Innovation Award as well as the overall Gold Award.
A panel of judges shortlisted each category down to three finalists before opening each award to a public vote.
The awards, now in their second year honour the businesses and business people who play a vital role in creating growth and prosperity in Pembrokeshire.
Radio Pembrokeshire’s Managing Director, Martin Mumford said “I’d like to thank everyone involved in re-establishing a Business Awards event in the county: the businesses who took the time to nominate, the finalists and winners, the public who voted in their thousands and the sponsors who make such an event possible.”
A charity raffle raised over £700 for Pembrokeshire MIND and the evening concluded with a packed auditorium sing-a-long of ‘Mr Brightside’ led by Nev Wilshire.
The full list of winners:
- Customer Service Award sponsored by Thomas Carroll Insurance
The Giltar Hotel
- Pride in Pembrokeshire sponsored by Folly Farm Adventure Park and Zoo
Keep Wales Tidy (Pembrokeshire)
- New Business Award sponsored by PBI – Pembrokeshire Business Initiative
Here to Buy
- Local Independent Business sponsored by Kilgetty Motor Factors and Bumper to Bumper
Snowdrop Independent Living
- Leisure and Tourism Industry Award sponsored by Oakwood Theme Park
Carew Castle and Tidal Mill
- Food and Drink Award sponsored by Pembrokeshire Tourism
D Fecci and Sons
- Small Business Award sponsored by Antur Insurance
- Specialist Niche Business of the Year sponsored by JCP Solicitors
Skybound Autism Therapies
- Business Person of the Year sponsored by Futureworks, Pembrokeshire County Council
Paul James (Red Kite Law)
- Hair Health and Beauty Award sponsored by ProNails Wales
- E – commerce in Business Award sponsored by Radio Pembrokeshire
- Innovation Award sponsored by Lloyd Motors Aberaeron
- Business making best use of National Park sponsored by Pembs Coast National Park Authority
Pembrokeshire Photo Walks
- Community Arts Awards sponsored by University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Agricultural Business of the Year sponsored by Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society
Puffin Produce Ltd
- GOLD AWARD sponsored by Port of Milford Haven