WITH November 5 just around the corner , Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service encourages the public to celebrate this year’s Bonfire Night in the safest way possible and attend an official, organised public firework display, which are much safer, more entertaining, and cost effective than private displays.
MAWWFRS Arson Reduction Manager will Bowen advises: “Remember that safety is the key to having a safe and successful November the 5th. The following are very simple Do’s and Do Not’s to ensure the safest possible night:
- Position the bonfire well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs -15m is usually a safe distance.
- Make sure the bonfire is stable and will not collapse.
- Ensure everyone is a safe distance (15m) away from the fire and children are supervised at all times.
- Keep buckets of water, a garden hose or a fire extinguisher nearby in case of an emergency.
- Pour water on the remains of the bonfire before leaving.
- Keep pets indoors during bonfire night.
Do NOT burn the following:
- Foam filled furniture
- Never use flammable liquids to light a bonfire.
- Never light or store fireworks near a bonfire.
- Never leave a bonfire unattended.
If you are planning a bonfire we insist that you contact the Fire Service ahead of time on 01268909404 and provide us with the following information:
- Name of responsible person and contact telephone number
- Date, time and location of the bonfire
- How the fire will be extinguished after the event or if it gets out of control”.
For those who are interested in attending organised events please see if any of the following are near you:
30th October, 6pm Bonfire at Llangrannog Beach
31st October, 6pm Fireworks at Goodwick Parrog Beach
31st October, 6.30pm Fireworks at Myddfai Hall, Llandovery
31st October, 5.30pm Fireworks, Bonfire and Halloween party at The Snooty Fox, Martletwy
1st November, 6pm Fireworks at Maesydre Recreating Ground, Welshpool
5th November, 5pm Fireworks at Carmarthen Park
5th November, 5.30pm, Fireworks at Mackerel Stage, Milford Haven
5th November, 7pm Fireworks at The Castle Ruins, Newcastle Emlyn
5th November, 6pm Bonfire and Fireworks at Black Mountains Lion and Baskerville Hall, Clyro
5th November, 6pm Fireworks at St Helen’s Ground, Swansea
5th November, 6.30pm Fireworks at Llannon School
5th November, 6pm at King Arthur in Reynoldston
5th November, 6pm Bonfire at St Florence Village Hall
5th November, Bonfire and Fireworks at Gwili Tractors, Lampeter
5th November, 6.30pm at Mynyddygarreg Hall
5th November, 5pm Fireworks at Llangattock Church in Wales School
5th November, Fireworks at Belgrave Park, Abergavenny
5th November, 7pm Fireworks at The plash Inn, Whitland
6th November, Fireworks at Parc y Scarlets
6th November, 6:30pm Fireworks at Rugby Ground Heywood Lane Tenby
7th November, 6pm Fireworks at Cae William, Llandeilo
7th November, 6.30pm at Llangennech Scout Hall
7th November, 6pm Fireworks at Maes y Dre Recreation grounds, Welshpool.
- If you can think of any more events please email us to be listed or add as a comment below!