Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Claim your free Budweiser today before Wales vs Portugal!

Published

on

BUK_LN_J16_0027_WESTERN AVENUE CARDIFF_EURO WALES_v22Budweiser is giving everyone who lives in Wales over 18 a beer on them for one day only – to raise a Bud to the dedication and support of all the Welsh football fans out there who never stopped believing in their team.

Budweiser will be giving away potentially millions of bottles of free beer as part of the celebration, honouring the unwavering commitment of Welsh football fans for one day only today, Jul 6 2016. To claim their complimentary Budweiser, those of legal drinking age, and over who are living in Wales should do one of the following:

  1. Pick up the Western Mail, South Wales Echo, South Wales Evening Post, Metro (Cardiff) or Daily Post which will include a voucher to claim their free Budweiser, that they can redeem at Tesco, One Stop and Co-op
  2. Log on to www.freebudforeveryoneinwales.com where consumers can submit their details to claim their free Budweiser voucher, which they can redeem at Tesco, One Stop and Co-op

The beer brand will also be delivering limited edition, 660ml bottles of Budweiser re-labelled to say ‘Cymru’ – “Wales” in Welsh – to the likes of Chris Coleman and the Welsh national football team, as well as other notable Welsh personalities, to continue to celebrate the nation’s recent sporting performance.

With one of Budweiser’s biggest breweries based in Magor, Wales, the brand has close ties to the Welsh community and is keen to get behind its football fans and celebrate its national team’s recent success.

Steph Okell, Marketing Manager, Budweiser UK, says, “At Budweiser, we’re all about celebrating epic moments like this. We’re proud to have one of our biggest breweries based in Wales, and even prouder to be able to celebrate the passion and commitment of all the Welsh fans out there by raising a Bud for them today. This Bud’s for you Wales – congratulations!”

For those in Cardiff, Budweiser will be popping up at the city’s train station on Wednesday 6th July 2016 from 2pm – 6pm handing out redeemable vouchers to consumers, who can exchange them for a complimentary Budweiser at five different bars and pubs in Cardiff, where they can watch the big game unfold from. The venues included in this offer include Soda Bar, Bunker, Ten Mill Lane, Face 11 and Le Monde Hotel.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Police call for vigilance to report illegal raves

Published

on

DYFED-POWYS POLICE is asking farmers and local landowners to be on the alert over the next few months for warning signs of any illegal gatherings planned for their land over the summer.

Gatherings – such as illegal raves – can cause considerable anxiety to the community and if they are not dealt with swiftly, they are difficult to stop or otherwise control, due often to the sheer numbers of persons involved and the safety aspects surrounding breaking up such an event.

Superintendent Robyn Mason said: “There is little doubt that these type of events are very well planned, organised and that local knowledge is important in drawing down the main group to a particular ‘vulnerable’ field, or area of land which has been targeted previously as a suitable venue.

“Farmers, landowners and local communities are encouraged to report any suspicious activity immediately to the Police; this may be an unusual numbers of vehicles, especially camper vans, vans or trucks in the locality, illegal trespassers who may be doing ‘recce’ of sites in advance of the event.

“I can assure local communities that Police will take the appropriate action to deter illegal gatherings and deal robustly with any criminal offences discovered or disclosed.”  

Members of the public are also urged to be vigilant of persons who approach landowners or enquiring for land, in the guise of hiring for apparently acceptable activities such as gymkhanas and scouts/guides events.

Please contact Police on 101 with reports on any suspicious activity.

Continue Reading

News

Wheelchair-bound man jailed for child sex offences

Published

on

A CHILD sex offender from Ystrad Meurig has been jailed despite being wheelchair-bound.

Dean Harper, aged 61, had distributed child pornography and tried to entice a 10-year-old girl into sexually abusing herself and sending him photographs.

Harper, of Sisial y Pin, Ffair Rhos, admitted downloading 317 indecent images of children in the most serious category A, 400 in category B and 500 in C.

He also admitted sending images in all three categories to a third party, all on a single day in October, 2016.

Harper also admitted attempting to incite the girl into sexual activity knowing that she was only 10-years-old.

Kevin Jones, prosecuting, told Swansea Crown Court that the distribution of the images alerted the police who raided Harper’s home and removed computer equipment.

An examination of his internet activity revealed he had made contact with a girl via social media and swapped messages with her.

The judge, Mr Recorder Peter Griffiths told Harper his offending was serious and a jail sentence was inevitable despite his disability.

Harper was jailed for a total of two years and ordered to register with the police as a sex offender for 10 years.

He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order which will restrict his contact with young people and his internet activity after his release from prison.

Continue Reading

News

Royals set to visit Ceredigion during summer visit

Published

on

AS PART of their annual summer visit to Wales, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will be visiting Ceredigion next month.

From July 2-6, Charles and Camilla will tour the country, undertaking over 20 engagements across the country.

On July 3, The Prince of Wales will visit Dà Mhìle Distillery, Llandysul, the first organic distillery in the UK approved by the Soil Association, where he was previously gifted the thousandth bottle to be produced by Dà Mhìle.

The Prince of Wales will also visit St. Gwenog’s Church, Llanwenog, and view their unique carvings created by Joseph Reubens, a Belgian World War One refugee. His Royal Highness will also meet members of their local community.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall’s fourteenth annual Summer visit to Wales will feature celebrations to mark the 70th Anniversary of The National Health Service and the marking the 150th anniversary of the Heart of Wales railway line amongst other events.

A Clarence House spokesperson said: “The Prince and The Duchess are really looking forward to their annual summer visit to Wales where they will be celebrating key anniversaries for the National Health Service, the Heart of Wales railway line and the 90th anniversary of Gwent Association of Voluntary Organisation. Their Royal Highnesses relish the opportunity to meet members of the community who are making a difference to Welsh life.”

Continue Reading

Popular This Week