THERE are two opportunities left for local sports clubs and societies to apply for a grant from the Community Chest fund in this financial year, with the next closing date being Thursday, November 17.
Local sports clubs have received more than £800,000 over the last 15 years from this fund. Hundreds of new coaches were trained, dozens of new clubs set up and many of them have received new equipment.
Ceredigion Actif’s Communities Manager, Steven Jones, said: “What a fantastic milestone to achieve in investing well over three quarters of a million pounds in our local clubs, all at grassroots level. Wherever you go around our county we see the positive effect the money has made. Sport has so much to offer and is an important part of our culture and well-being.’’
Cllr Rhodri Evans, Cabinet Member for Lifestyle Services, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to apply for funding to invest in sports clubs at a grassroots level. Clubs and societies across Ceredigion have benefited greatly from this funding and I am excited to see the difference that such investment can bring. I would encourage anyone with an interest to get in touch for more information.”
September grants were awarded to:
- Aberaeron Hockey Club – To train parents to become coaches and promote boys and girls hockey.
- Teifi Valley Paddlers – Safety training and new coaches for this family-based canoeing club.
- Aberaeron Bowls Club – Equipment and First Aid training.
- Penparc Junior Football Club – Purchase pitch line marker.
- Cilgwyn Golf Club – Train three young people to become Level 1 coaches.
- Aberporth Rowers – Help to buy additional oars.
- Aberystwyth Swimming Club – Train five parents to become swimming coaches.
- Tregaron Ladies Football Club – Hire facilities and purchase equipment to promote football to women and girls.
- Bow Street Football Club – Set up new under 12s girls football team.
- Camddŵr Shooting Society – Purchase an additional shooting trap.
Remember that applications must be received by November 17. For advice on taking that next step, please contact Steven Jones on 01970 633587 or firstname.lastname@example.org. uk.