Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Judge says man in ‘complete denial’ about child pornograpy

Published

on

A LLANDYSUL man said to be in ‘complete denial’ about his interest in child pornography has been jailed today (Mar 10) for 36 weeks.

Sean Phillip Souter, aged 32, had admitted three offences of making indecent pictures of children between September, 2014 and January, 2016 — 261 in the most serious category A, 129 in category B and 546 in category C.

Souter also admitted possessing two extremely pornographic images in that they depicted people engaging in sexual intercourse with animals.

But after a judge postponed sentencing so that a probation officer could prepare a report into his offending he reverted back to denying any responsibility.

Craig Jones, prosecuting, told Swansea Crown Court how police executed a search warrant at Souter’s home in Llandysul.

The semi-detached property appeared to be unoccupied but police took away several computers and mobile telephones.

Experts were able to detect that Souter had used specialised software to search the internet for child pornography, using search terms such as “pre-teens, baby, toddler, child and paedo.”

After his arrest Souter told police he had not lived there for two months and that others had had access to the property.

But he finally entered pleas of guilty.

His barrister, Paul Hobson, told the court: ”He still denies the offences, even though he has pleaded guilty to them.”

Judge Paul Thomas told Souter he was not willing to acknowledge ‘the blindingly obvious’ and accept that he gained sexual gratification from viewing indecent images of children.

“You make it impossible for others to help you and will always have this problem until you acknowledge it.

“You knew perfectly well what you were looking for and used specialist software to find it.”

Judge Thomas said category A images included photographs of real children being raped and Souter had been found in possession of a relatively high number of them.

Souter was ordered to register with the police as a sex offender for the next 10 years.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Man sentenced following Tregaron assault

Published

on

FOLLOWING a report of an assault in Tregaron on Tuesday, April 3, Dyfed-Powys Police has arrested and charged Saul Rownan Henvey, aged 42, of Chapel Street, Tregaron, with common assault.

He was arrested following the incident, for which the victim required hospital treatment.

Henvey appeared before Llanelli Magistrates’ Courts on Friday, April 6.

He received a three month sentence, suspended for 12 months. He was also given a 12 month supervisory order and ordered to undergo 30 days of rehabilitation requirements.

Continue Reading

News

Motorbike safety campaign launched across Wales

Published

on

A CAMPAIGN aimed at reducing the risk of motorcycle-related deaths and serious injuries on the roads is underway across Wales.

As the weather improves police see more bikers on the roads, taking advantage of the beautiful routes across Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Powys.

Dyfed-Powys Police is urging motorcyclists to ride safely and warns that until October there will be an increased focus as part of the campaign, named Op Darwen.

Superintendent Huw Meredith, Head of Specialist Operations, said: “Motorcyclists have long been identified as particularly vulnerable road users and reducing the number of road deaths and casualties on the roads of Dyfed-Powys is a priority for our Roads Policing Units.

“We have always welcomed motorcyclists from outside our borders to enjoy the magnificent landscape, but they must be aware that Dyfed-Powys Police is doing all it can to ensure our roads are used safely by all, with our Roads Policing Units taking robust action to prevent fatal or serious road traffic collisions on our roads.

“Everyone must take responsibility for their own and others safety on our roads and be aware of their riding and driving manner. Action will be taken against anyone choosing to ride or drive anti-socially, recklessly or illegally on our roads.

“Our officers see far too many tragedies, many preventable. Roads Policing officers will be out in numbers throughout Dyfed-Powys using a combination of education, engagement and enforcement to prevent further tragedies.”

Officers will also be encouraging riders to improve their biking skills by taking part in BikeSafe workshops, which
offer an insight into what can be achieved with further advanced training. The workshops, run by police forces around the UK, use a mix of discussions, on-road observed rides and information videos. They are designed to enhance the skills of all riders who have already passed their tests and are suitable for all abilities, from the most seasoned rider to those returning to biking after a period of absence.

Economy and Transport Secretary Ken Skates praised the campaign: “Our roads continue to be amongst the safest in the world.

“However, the number of motorcyclists being killed or seriously injured is still too high.

“Campaigns like this are a key part of a wider range of measures aimed at making our roads safer and preventing future motorcycling casualties. This holistic approach includes ensuring motorcyclists are prioritised in our road safety funding, supporting Go Safe’s operation of speed cameras and funding local authorities to deliver Bikesafe and other motorcyclist training.”

Continue Reading

News

‘Race hate’ case will be heard at Crown Court

Published

on

A BRYNAMMAN man who allegedly called for all Muslims to be ‘forcibly sterilised and banned from preaching their ‘evil creed’ in a social media post will have his case heard at Crown Court.

It s alleged that 34-year-old Jonathan Jennings posted nine offensive or threatening comments between March and April last year.

These are said to include threatening to ‘Jo Cox’ Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, hailing a man jailed for kicking a pregnant Muslim woman in the stomach as ‘a National Hero’ and suggesting that bombing mosques and ‘putting Muslim on top of bonfires’ were ‘great ideas’.

It is alleged that he said Hitler was born 100 years too soon, and called for Gina Miller to be ‘hunted down and executed’ over her stance on Brexit.

Appearing at Llanelli Magistrates’ Court wearing a blue military greatcoat, purple shirt, and yellow striped tie, Jennings, of Heol y Gelynen, spoke only to give the court his name, age and address.

Jennings’ solicitor said that he would not be entering a plea at this stage.

The District Judge declined jurisdiction, and Jennings was released on bail until May 18 at Swansea Crown Court, on condition that he does not post or repost anything on social media, or create any new accounts.

Continue Reading

Popular This Week