POLICE are investigating after suspicious were placed on TSB cashpoints in Aberystwyth.
A report was made that items suspected to be a camera and card reader were seen on two cash machines at around 6.45pm on Thursday, July 13.
The devices have been seized for forensic examination.
Officers are also investigating after concerns were raised over a cash machine at the same location over the weekend.
A police spokesperson said: “We would advise ATM users to be vigilant of any obvious tampering or unusual attachments.
“If you see anything suspicious do not remove any suspect devices or confront any fraudsters but report it to the police.”
Anyone who has information which could help the investigation is asked to contact 101.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech impaired, text the non-emergency number on 07811 311 908.
General advice over use of ATMs:
Choosing a cash machine
- Put your personal safety first
- Be aware of others around you. If someone close by the cash machine is behaving suspiciously or makes you feel uncomfortable please choose another
- If there is anything unusual about the cash machine or there are signs of tampering, do not use the machine and report it to the bank or premises owner immediately
Using a cash machine
- Give other users space to enter their PIN in private. We recommend standing about two metres away from the user in front of you until the person has completed their transaction. Some cash machines may have a safety zone marking out this area on the ground around the machine
- Be aware of your surroundings, if someone is crowding or watching you, cancel the transaction and go to another machine
- Do not accept help from ‘well-meaning’ strangers and never allow yourself to be distracted
- Stand close to the cash machine and always shield the keypad to avoid anyone seeing you enter your PIN
Leaving a cash machine
- Once you have completed a transaction, discreetly put your money and card away before leaving the cash machine
- If the cash machine does not return your card, report its loss immediately to your bank
- Dispose of your cash machine receipt, mini-statement or balance enquiry with care. Tear up or preferably shred these items before discarding them