Connect with us
Advertisement
Advertisement

News

Man jailed for ‘campaign of harassment’

Published

on

A MAN who carried out a campaign of harassment against a Llandyssul woman has been jailed today (Dec 1).

Michael John Munday, aged 32, was already under a suspended prison sentence for breaching a restraining order and pestering her.

Dean Pulling, prosecuting, told Swansea Crown Court that Munday had been in an ‘on off’ relationship with the woman but it finally came to an end and in 2017 she met another man.

Munday, of Gibbons Way, North Connelly, Bridgend, ‘reacted badly’ and began an extensive campaign against her which involved him obtaining multiple telephone numbers, setting up fake Facebook pages and making allegations of child rape against her new partner.

Munday pleaded guilty to breaching a restraining order and wasting police time.

He bombarded the woman with calls from different telephones, sent her numerous messages and set up Facebook accounts in the names of her children in order to make contact with her.

Munday also claimed her new partner was a child rapist and went so far as to telephone police in Aberystwyth to say a 13 year old girl had been raped in the town’s Tesco car park, naming the child victim and the partner as the rapist.

The court heard that Munday had been remanded to Swansea prison on the original child sex charges and almost immediately on arrival another prisoner had slashed his throat, causing a wound that needed 46 stitches.

Judge Paul Thomas said Munday ignored restraining orders and suspended prison sentences.

“Now, it is on a nastier level. You are incapable of coping with the end of your relationship,” he added.

Munday was jailed for 32 weeks and the restraining order was extended to five years.

News

Former AM charged with child porn offences

Published

on

SIMON THOMAS, the former Plaid Cymru AM for Mid & West Wales has been charged with three offences of making indecent images of children.

Mr Thomas, aged 54, was charged with the offences earlier today (Sept 18) at Aberystwyth Police Station.

He has been bailed to appear at Aberystwyth Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, October 3.

At the time of his arrest, Mr Thomas was his Party’s spokesperson on Rural Affairs and Energy policy and had recently taken up a role which would have seen him perform a significant role in Plaid Cymru’s future campaigns.

His arrest in July was a shock both to his political allies and those in other parties in the Assembly.

Following his arrest, Mr Thomas resigned immediately as an Assembly Member and from Plaid Cymru. He was replaced as regional AM by Helen Mary Jones.

Continue Reading

News

Storm Helene could bring 70mph winds

Published

on

WINDS of up to 70mph could batter the county on Monday and Tuesday (Sept 17-18) with a yellow weather warning issued by the Met Office.

Storm Helene is set to arrive on Monday evening at around 6pm and last until Tuesday at around 8am.

Operational Meteorologist for the Met Office Martin Bowles said: “An issue is that trees are in full leaf and so are more likely to be blown over in strong winds than they would be in the middle of winter.

“That could be a problem.

“The storm will head straight up through the Irish Sea and across the North of England on Monday night, bringing some heavy rain and some strong winds.

“We have updated some areas to a yellow warning.”

Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care on the roads.

Continue Reading

News

Police confirm body found following Belgrave House fire

Published

on

POLICE have confirmed that remains of a male have been recovered during the search at Belgrave House Hotel, Aberystwyth.

The remains have not yet been identified.

The family of the missing Lithuanian man have been informed of this development.

H.M.Coroner has been updated and a Home Office post mortem has been arranged

The search of the scene continues.

Police are in consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service over this development.

Continue Reading

Popular This Week